new sgi user. HELP!

Neal Rauhauser -- i1neal at exnet.iastate.edu
Thu Mar 7 11:31:59 AEST 1991

     One of my friends has just started working on a personal
iris. I have usenet access, he does not. FTP is not a problem,
as they are on the internet. We would like suggestions on how
to handle the following:

      1. we need a news reader. graphical or plain, matters not.
      2. we want to know where to get (free) software to convert
         tiff to useable formats.
      3. we need perl.

    Simple modifications to C source are easy enough, but the news
software we have now wants numerous .h files that are not to be
found. If some of these questions are answered in the F.A.Q., send it,
it has scrolled off our news system, if such a beasty is distributed.

   Neal   i1neal at exnet.iastate.edu
 "A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking (meant) for others!"
   - Donatien-Alphonse-Francois de Sade
Every bottom needs a Top.