Arenas

david pratt pratt at mira.cs.nps.navy.mil
Fri Mar 22 07:33:23 AEST 1991

Greetings,
   Thanks to everyone who answered my posting about VAX -> SGI format
 conversions. I have two more questions on a new topic, arenas.
   1. It seems that only eight processes can access an arena. I have run
several test and have not been able to get the ninth process to connect. Is
there a way around this?
   2. I want to create an arena that two different users can access. Once again
I get a no go (Permission denied). I have tried changing the protection on
the file and that doesn't work. Any ideas? I know this can create a security
problem for some applications.
   As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
                                                                 Dave

--
Dave Pratt                  pratt at cs.nps.navy.mil              (408) 646-2865
Department of Computer Science, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA 93940