What I'd LOVE to see in SGI's NQS...

doelz at urz.unibas.ch doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Fri Mar 22 19:32:55 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar20.112324.17045 at rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de>, zrfa0390 at awsws4.rus.uni-stuttgart.de (U. Lang) writes:
> In article <1991Mar15.174247 at igc.ethz.ch> torda at igc.ethz.ch (Andrew Torda ) writes:
>>
>>Does the new nqs maintain SGI's incompatibility with respect to nqs
>>running on other machines ?
>>
>>--
>>Andrew Torda, ETH, Zurich
>
> We would also like to see nqs on SGI's being compatible with CRAY, CONVEX,
> IBM, etc. Currently we are not able to submit batch jobs from the SGI's
> to our CRAY, Convex or IBM. We have ported the NQS version from Cosmic
> on the IBM. We would prefer to use the SGI version of NQS on our Irises
> instead of porting the Cosmic version on the Irises.
>
> Ulrich Lang, University of Stuttgart Computer Center

There is a 'original' available from Sterling which also communicates with the
rest of the NQS' implementations. We need to run NQS on more than SGI's,
therefore, would *really* like to see the qmapmgr on SDGI's NQS. Otherwise
we might be tempted to move to the competitor's product.

Regards
Reinhard

    Dr. Reinhard Doelz            *     EAN     doelz at urz.unibas.ch
      Biocomputing                *     DECNET  48130::doelz
Biozentrum der Universitaet       *     X25     psi%46211142::embnet
   Klingelbergstrasse 70          *     FAX     x41 61 256760
     CH 4056 Basel                *     TEL     x41 61 253880 ext 888