What I'd LOVE to see in SGI's NQS...

U. Lang zrfa0390 at awsws4.rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Mar 20 21:23:24 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar15.174247 at igc.ethz.ch> torda at igc.ethz.ch (Andrew Torda ) writes:

>Does the new nqs maintain SGI's incompatibility with respect to nqs
>running on other machines ?
>
>--
>Andrew Torda, ETH, Zurich

We would also like to see nqs on SGI's being compatible with CRAY, CONVEX,
IBM, etc. Currently we are not able to submit batch jobs from the SGI's
to our CRAY, Convex or IBM. We have ported the NQS version from Cosmic
on the IBM. We would prefer to use the SGI version of NQS on our Irises
instead of porting the Cosmic version on the Irises.

Ulrich Lang, University of Stuttgart Computer Center

Ulrich Lang, University of Stuttgart Computer center