Do IRIS files systems fragment?

Larry Pajakowski larry at abtlabs
Mon Mar 18 09:12:41 AEST 1991

Ok I mean news is unpacking.  No uucp acitivty running.  Gr_osview as I
mentioned shows a nearly constant 100% disk wait.  Cpu is running about 40%
utilization.  Ethernet normally runs about 5% of utilization if that
matters and I am the only user on the machine.  Without making more of a
scientific measurement the machine is VERY sluggish while unpacking news.

Yes there a alot of little files on the disk.  If this is normal and to be
expected so be it.  I was just wondering if this was normal.

TNX

Larry