Installing TeX 3.0 on a PI

gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Thu Mar 14 07:30:45 AEST 1991

Hi

I am trying to install TeX 3.0 on my Personal Iris. The installation went fine
with some warnings about unreachable statements. However, when I run latex, I
get funny output and always the following error message comes up:

This is TeX, C Version 3.0
(zoning.tex
LaTeX Version 2.09 <7 Dec 1989>
(/usr/local/lib/tex/inputs/article.sty
Document Style `article' <16 Mar 88>.
(/usr/local/lib/tex/inputs/art11.sty)
Underfull \vbox (badness 10000) has occurred while \output is active [1]
Overfull \vbox (10.0pt too high) has occurred while \output is active)

I am sure I am not doing something right, but can't figure out what. Where
would I look to see what exactly this error means? Thanks for any help. Also,
if anyone has already installed this version of TeX on a PI, I would like to
hear from you, so I can check to make sure that we are doing the same things in
the installation procedure.

Ravi