Recycling an old Iris

BUCKLEY ceb at krypton.arc.nasa.gov
Sat Mar 30 13:47:35 AEST 1991

Now that I have my 380, I'm trying to make use of an old Iris as a
network gateway.  I've got a spare Ethernet card, and my kernel is
configured for two Ethernet controllers (ex0 and ex1).  The thing
I don't know is (actually there are two):
1. What is the standard mbio address of the ex1 card on the standard
   SGI-supplied 3.6 kernel (ex0 is at 0x7ffc), and
2. can I put the second card in any spare slot, since it is an
   I/O device, or must I put it next to the other Ethernet controller
   as one would do with memory?

Please reply via mail - I doubt that this would be of interest to this
group at large (!)

thanks,

ceb