Top Dog - a sample IRIS Showcase document

Michael Heathman heathman at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 20 23:56:04 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar20.114122.3916 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> andreess at mrlaxs.mrl.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen) writes:
>In article <1991Mar20.100818.7843 at itnsg1.cineca.it> root at itnsg1.cineca.it (Valter Cavecchia) writes:
>>drw900 at anusf.anu.edu.au ("Drew R Whitehouse") writes:
>>>	If it's being bundled with new machines, and sold for the
>>>price of the transfer media, why not make it available for ftp on
>>>sgi.com along with other unsupported bit's and pieces ?
>>>							Drew.
>>I agree with this statement.
>>	valter
>
>Because Internet cannot be used for commercial purposes.  This
>rule is bent regularly, but commercial software distribution would
>probably be going a little too far.

	If it is being distributed for free, is this commercial software
distribution?  I don't think so.  Do it!!

>--
>Marc Andreessen___________University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
>Internet: andreessen at uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu____________Bitnet: andreessen at uiucmrl

 -  Mike Heathman           XV920 - Jezebel       Did you exchange ...        -
 -  Research Graphics       R100RS - Gone         a walk-on part in a war,    -
 -  Lilly Research Labs     CB750K - Long Gone    for a lead role in a cage?  -
 -  Indianapolis, IN        T500 - Dead             -Floyd                    -