EXPIRING PASSWDS FOR USERS ASSOCIATED WITH YP(NIS)

Kenny McDonald c60244 at ccfiris.aedc
Thu Mar 7 00:45:37 AEST 1991

I have a 240GTX running as my YPMASTER & I have another 240GTX an 25GT PI
running as NIS clients.   When not using NIS, a user's passwd can be expired
by placing a ,.. after the passwd in /etc/passwd.  This will force the user
to change his passwd upon loging in the next time.  This begins to work on
the NIS clients.  That is when rlogin to the client, the following occurs:

Your password has expired. Choose a new one.
Changing yp password for c60244
Old yp password:
New password:
Retype new password:
couldn't change passwd
Cannot execute /usr/bin/yppasswd
Connection closed.

I was wondering why this does not work, or if anyone out there has any ideas/
experiences with this.  If so please post or try to e-mail to me directly.

Any comments/suggestions are welcomed & wanted.

Thanks.

  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
  | Kenneth M. McDonald * OAO Corp * Arnold Engineering Development Center |
  |          MS 120 * Arnold AFS, TN 37389-9998 * (615) 454-3413           |
  INTERNET:                                               OO   AA   OO
  @aedc-vax.af.mil:c60244 at ccfiris.aedc                   O  O A  A O  O
                                                         O  O AAAA O  O
  c60244 at ccfiris                                          OO  A  A  OO