Parallel Printer on PI 4D/20

Herbert M. Geller geller at NEURON.UMDNJ.EDU
Sun Mar 24 03:12:00 AEST 1991

I have just connected an Epson printer, which has worked very
well attached to PC's, to my PI.  I enabled the printer as a
generic printer connected to the parallel port.  When I issue
an lp request, the printer never returns to the left margin,
but ends up printing at the right of the platen (since I am
using 8.5" paper).  Can anyone recommend a solution, since
the manuals seem to be devoid of information on parallel printers.