Perl 4.0 on the Iris

Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO paul at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 23 01:09:42 AEST 1991

meuer at quasifuchs.cs.umn.edu (meuer) writes:

>I'm having trouble compiling perl 4.0 on the Iris and was wondering if
>anyone else has run into this.

This help me get 3.44 going a while back, it may help you now.

/pbp
======
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi
Subject: Re: has anyone gotten Perl3pl41 to work under Irix 3.3.1
Date: 4 Dec 90 20:53:23 GMT

In <1990Dec1.161952.19468 at csrd.uiuc.edu> pat at kai.com (Patrick Wolfe) writes:

>Has anyone been able to get Perl version 3 patchlevel 41 to work properly unde
>Irix 3.3.1?

After running Configure, edit the config.sh file and disable vfork, memcmp,
and volatile, and add -D_BSD_COMPAT to the cflags define. This works for me.

 --
C. Harald Koch  VE3TLA                Alias Research, Inc., Toronto ON Canada
chk%alias at csri.utoronto.ca      chk at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu      chk at chk.mef.org

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2910