Arenas

Robert Skinner robert at texas.asd.sgi.com
Sat Mar 23 05:35:51 AEST 1991

In article <1964 at mira.cs.nps.navy.mil>, david pratt writes:
Greetings,
   Thanks to everyone who answered my posting about VAX -> SGI format
 conversions. I have two more questions on a new topic, arenas.
   1. It seems that only eight processes can access an arena. I have run
several test and have not been able to get the ninth process to connect. Is
there a way around this?

usconfig( CONF_INITUSERS, numUsers ) should set a new maximum number of
users before you call usinit.  The max is 512 for 3.3.2, it was lower in previous
versions.  Check out the man page for usconfig on your system.

   2. I want to create an arena that two different users can access. Once again
I get a no go (Permission denied). I have tried changing the protection on
the file and that doesn't work. Any ideas? I know this can create a security
problem for some applications.

not sure about this...