X server not starting on login

Gregg A. Cohen cohen at brodmann.iaf.uiowa.edu
Tue Mar 5 00:55:14 AEST 1991

 have a 4D20 that does not have the develpment system installed, however
we do have the X installed.  I can't seem to get any of our X programs
to start from within any login without first restarting the X server by
typing xSGI at the prompt.  I haven't ever had to do this before on
any of our other equipment.  What have I done wrong in our installation of
3.3.1 (where is our 3.3.2?) and how can I fix it without bringing everything to
a screeching halt?
Thanks,
GC

Gregg Cohen			/\/\		cohen at brodmann.iaf.uiowa.edu
Department of Psychiatry  	\/\/		(319)353-6358  if you be lucky
University of Iowa		/\/\		Mental health is more than a
Iowa City, IA 52242		\/\/		state of mind!!