Difficulty w/ xdm on Silicon Graphics w/ NCD.

Brent Alan Wiese brent at curie.bcm.tmc.edu
Sun Mar 24 04:07:33 AEST 1991

     I am having difficulty getting xdm on a Personal Iris to work with
a NCD X terminal.  Has anybody else experienced this problem?  We are
running IRIX 3.3.1 on the iris.  The difficulty occurs with both the
xdm provided by SGI and the xdm compiled from X11R4 patch 18.
     The NCD X terminal works fine with xdm from other hosts.  When I
turn on xdm debug on the Iris (/usr/bin/X11/xdm -debug 3), it seems to
stop after printing the line "creating socket 177" and never gets
to the line "WaitForSomething".

Thanks in advance.
--
Brent A. Wiese			Unix System Support
Systems Support Center		E-mail: brent at bcm.tmc.edu
Baylor College of Medicine	Voice:  (713) 798-5081
Houston, Texas			Fax:    (713) 798-6675