Difficulty w/ xdm on Silicon Graphics w/ NCD.

C. Harald Koch chk at alias.com
Wed Mar 27 08:08:50 AEST 1991

In <4896 at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> brent at curie.bcm.tmc.edu (Brent Alan Wiese) writes:

>     I am having difficulty getting xdm on a Personal Iris to work with
>a NCD X terminal.  Has anybody else experienced this problem?  We are
>running IRIX 3.3.1 on the iris.  The difficulty occurs with both the
>xdm provided by SGI and the xdm compiled from X11R4 patch 18.

I posted a set of patches for the X11R4 distribution of xdm to comp.sys.sgi;
I unfortunately didn't archive them (oops :-)

Could someone either mail my patches to this person and/or post them here?

The patches basically boil down to

	replace all #ifndef SYSV with #if !defined(SYSV) && !defined(sgi)

and

	compile with -D_BSD_SIGNALS

--
C. Harald Koch  VE3TLA                Alias Research, Inc., Toronto ON Canada
Internet:    chk at alias.com      chk at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu      chk at chk.mef.org