bash for SGI

Chet Ramey chet at odin.INS.CWRU.Edu
Wed May 1 04:54:36 AEST 1991

[Talking about my version of bash 1.07]

>Right, pipes don't work.  I'm a non-smoker, so I missed that.  So I'll
>echo the original request, anyone have a working copy of bash?
>
>Pipes vanish into the background.  If you run fg you hang.

A detailed analysis of this bug, which is the result of a race condition
caused by Posix process group semantics, appears in gnu.bash.bug.

I fixed it, and sent the fix on to Brian so that it will appear in the
official 1.07 whenever that is released.  If I ever make another release,
it will be in there, too.

Chet
--
Chet Ramey			  Internet: chet at po.CWRU.Edu
Case Western Reserve University	  NeXT Mail: chet at macbeth.INS.CWRU.Edu

``Now,  somehow we've brought our sins back physically -- and they're pissed.''