lp question

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Wed May 1 05:31:49 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr29.232947.18235 at odin.corp.sgi.com> suresh at babu.esd.sgi.com (Sureshbabu Katta) writes:
>!>	alias can cancel PostScript
>
>	The above command cancels the request which is currently getting printed.
>The printer was idle when u requested the cancel. Read the man page for cancel
>command.

Sorry, I still do not understand.  I have read the man page many times.
"lpstat" shows several jobs queued up to print, yet "cancel PostScript" does
not cancel any of them.  Why not?  Why is the printer idle if "lpstat" shows
jobs?

-P.
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY  10027
(212)854-1418  shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu(Internet)  shenkin at cunixf(Bitnet)
***"In scenic New York... where the third world is only a subway ride away."***