More Dynamic Loading and Stuff.

Scott R. Presnell srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Thu May 16 07:52:25 AEST 1991

rpaul at crow.UUCP (Rodian Paul) writes:

>It seems that the subject of Dynamic Loaders ain't too popular in this group,
>only got 1 reply (thanks Dan Karron). I guess it just isn't that easy.

>Has anybody else out there experimented with adding modules to an application
>in a quazi dynamic way? i.e. it being possible to add extras into an allready
>executing program other than using pipes and stuff?

The statistical language 'S' from AT&T has a dynamic loading functionality.
It seems to work for the most part (in tests atleast), but there are some
limitiations and some requirements for specific load time options, etc.

I can slam together some code fragments which encompass that part of the S
language if enough people show interest.  But I cannot answer detailed
questions - I don't have the background.

	- Scott
--
Scott Presnell				        +1 (415) 476-9890
Pharm. Chem., S-926				Internet: srp at cgl.ucsf.edu
University of California			UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!srp
San Francisco, CA. 94143-0446			Bitnet: srp at ucsfcgl.bitnet