Newsreaders...

Scott Simpers scotts at qsp.COM
Tue May 21 08:26:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991May16.161042.11782 at news.iastate.edu> bryan at pi.eai.iastate.edu (Bryan Manske) writes:
>In Article #9295 damc at dap.csiro.au (Don McCormick) writes:
>
>>Reading of news articles using rn is not a problem, but if you try to
>>reply to an article or save an article on some occasions you can drop
>>out of rn
>Ditto, While I was able to make nntp work, rrn still is not completely
>foolproof.  (of course not, I compiled it.)
>
>General discussion of this would be appreciated...
>
>Bryan.
I posted an article last week on this very problem.  If you can't find it,
send me email and I'll send you a copy.

Basically, you need to build rn/rrn/trrn without vfork().  SGI's implementation
doesn't work correctly.

Scott Simpers
Quality Software Products                    voice: (213)410-0303
5711 W Slauson Avenue  Suite 240             fax: (213)410-0124
Culver City, CA  90230                       ...uunet!qsp!scotts