What can you do with an IRIS 3130? (or older)

Jeff Anton anton at tss.com
Fri May 24 06:21:46 AEST 1991

Similarly, what can you do with an IRIS 1400 or 1000?
I've both.  It's impossible to port the X window system
to it because there is no way to do bitblts.  The
best you can do is ship the bits from the graphics
system into the main cpu then put them back in the
new locations.  (as I understand things.)
It would be better to redraw everything.
If SGI is dropping the 680x0 stuff, what's the
chance I can get schematics or spare parts cheap?
Help.
				Jeff Anton