NFS atime (non-)update

Mark Bartelt sysmark at aurora.physics.utoronto.ca
Thu May 16 22:18:28 AEST 1991

Upon rereading the above-referenced article which I posted earlier
today, I notice that there's a minor ambiguity that I should have
clarified.  References to, for example, "SGI server" should really
refer to an SGI server/client pair.  Ditto for SunOS.  I'd expect
(though I don't know for certain) that the lack of atime updates
is the fault (if "fault" is the correct term) of the client's NFS
code rather than the server's.

One thing I've not yet tried is to see what happens with respect to
atime updates when a process running on an SGI client accesses files
on a Sun server (ditto Sun client + SGI server).

Mark Bartelt                                           416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for                        mark at cita.toronto.edu
Theoretical Astrophysics                      mark at cita.utoronto.ca