less pager on SGI machines

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Wed May 8 01:09:36 AEST 1991

In article <6219 at tahoe.unr.edu> steve at wrc.unr.edu (Stephen Wheatcraft) writes:
>Has anyone successfully compiled "less" on SGI machines?
>I have used "less" instead of "more" for years on my
>Sun, and I just got around to trying to compile it on
>my SGI 4D-25TG. I ran into several problems....

I am posting, rather than replying, in case there is wider interest.

I have been using "less" on my 4d25tg since October, with no problems
whatsoever.  According to the notes I made at the time, I made a few
changes to the makefile, but these seem to have been just for personal
convenience, rather than necessity.

Anyway, I'm using less5 from volume16 of the comp.sources.unix archives,
ftp-able from uunet.uu.net [192.48.96.2].

	-P.
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY  10027
(212)854-1418  shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu(Internet)  shenkin at cunixf(Bitnet)
***"In scenic New York... where the third world is only a subway ride away."***