wondering when/whether our 3.3.2 will arrive ...

D. Christopher Dunlap dunlap at sgi.com
Thu May 30 04:05:18 AEST 1991

In article <5428 at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> merritt at climate.UUCP (John H. Merritt) writes:
>In article <1991May24.180228.28409 at Arco.COM> dprmjc at prism.ARCO.COM (M. J. Cole) writes:
>[...]
>
>>Suggestions for SGI Support:
>[...]
>>>
>>	3) Give hotline workers answering machines.  This would minimize bouts
>>	   of telephone tag after a call is assigned.  Frequently I return
>Why don't you leave the message with the switchboard operator?  They
>will forward it.  In fact, it will get forwarded all the way to the
>field engineer, if neccessary.  At some point you have to assume that
>someone [the receptionist] can do their job.
>
>              John H. Merritt --> merritt at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
>              Applied Research Corporation at NASA/GSFC
>              "I am generally intolerant of ignorance,
>               but I have made an exception in your case."

If you have a situation that is better  described in a voice-mail
(answering machine) message, then just ask the call administrator
to put you through to the Support Engineer's voicemail. This works
very well for our staff in Mountain View. A little bit less well for
the Field folks.

Again, any problems or deviations from what I state - just let me
know. you can reach me through our 800 number (800-800-4SGI) or via
email.

regards,

chris

--
D. Christopher Dunlap  		Product Support Engineering
				Customer Support Division