< Connecting Fujitsu M2266SA to SGI SCSI (SOLVED) >

Ruth Milner rmilner at zia.aoc.nrao.edu
Thu May 16 06:32:50 AEST 1991

In article <5315 at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> merritt at climate.UUCP (John H. Merritt) writes:
>For the M2266, this means formatting with 1642 data cylinders,
>2 alternates, 15 heads, 85 sectors/track.

>I've heard rumours from Sun tech support that there's a
>patch available for SunOS that allows the same support in
>SunOS 4.1.1.

I have a 2266 on a SPARC IPC running SunOS 4.1.1, formatted with 1650 data
cylinders. It is set up as one big partition, and newfs had no problems
with it, but only a few hundred MB have been used so far. Does anyone have
further information on the Sun patch referred to? I would not like to see
data overwritten if I can help it.

Thank you.
--
Ruth Milner
Systems Manager                     NRAO/VLA                    Socorro NM
Computing Division Head      rmilner at zia.aoc.nrao.edu