Newsreaders...

Bryan Manske bryan at pi.eai.iastate.edu
Fri May 17 02:10:42 AEST 1991

In Article #9295 damc at dap.csiro.au (Don McCormick) writes:

>Reading of news articles using rn is not a problem, but if you try to
>reply to an article or save an article on some occasions you can drop
>out of rn with the error.

>        "Unexpected close of server socket"

>Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Ditto, While I was able to make nntp work, rrn still is not completely
foolproof.  (of course not, I compiled it.)

General discussion of this would be appreciated...

Bryan.

--
Bryan Manske  (515) 296-9908        . Sometimes I wish I had a knob to
Engineering Animation, Inc.         . turn up the intelligence on the