Stereo-Problem

Michel Hafner hafner at ifi.unizh.ch
Mon May 13 21:33:51 AEST 1991

I'm working on a VGX and have written some code to show me an object against
a background using the stereo-hardware. The results are less than perfect.
There are annoying ghost-edges around the object. If you close one eye you
still see this ghost-contour which seems to be part of the frame for the other
eye. Is this a problem with the decay of the phosphor? If yes, can it be helped
someway. If no, what else can cause these ghost-images and what can solve the
problem?
I have used different eye-separations, convergence-planes and colours ( for the
object and the background ), but nothing really helps, unless you have two
frames that are almost identical ( --> minimal stereo-effect ).
							Michel Hafner