Stereo-Problem

Gavin Bell gavin at krypton.asd.sgi.com
Tue May 14 08:22:17 AEST 1991

hafner at ifi.unizh.ch (Michel Hafner) writes:

>I'm working on a VGX and have written some code to show me an object against
>a background using the stereo-hardware. The results are less than perfect.
>There are annoying ghost-edges around the object.

Dark objects on a light background tend to have the least amount of
ghosting (black on white is the best).

Also, the LCD shutters in the glasses work better after warming up for a few
minutes.

Unfortunately, other than that, I think the only answer is a monitor
with faster phosphors.  Perhaps a monitor expert could recommend
specific models, or perhaps there are some monitor-specific tips that
could help (perhaps one of phosphors is faster decaying than the other
two??).

--
--gavin     (gavin at sgi.com,  (415)335-1024)