varargs and -prototype

Scott R. Presnell srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Fri May 10 03:14:36 AEST 1991

Hi,
	I am working on a program that uses varargs.  At the same time, but
for other reasons, I would like to use the IRIX -prototypes argument to
cc(1).  Is there a "correct" way to specify a prototype for a function that
uses varargs (and have it work with -prototypes)?  So far, I am having
trouble doing this.

	Moreover, if I'm making some sort of basic mistake here, let me
know (like I need to *ask* for this on USENET...)  I'm just trying to ease
myself into ANSI C.

	Thanks for any help.

	- Scott

--
Scott Presnell				        +1 (415) 476-9890
Pharm. Chem., S-926				Internet: srp at cgl.ucsf.edu
University of California			UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!srp
San Francisco, CA. 94143-0446			Bitnet: srp at ucsfcgl.bitnet