Wanted: UCB dump/restore

Apcah2 Super-User root at apcah2.Eng.McMaster.CA
Mon Feb 1 19:38:08 AEST 2016

In article <1990Dec3.222919.10336 at odin.corp.sgi.com> bh at sgi.com (Bent Hagemark) writes:
>In article <1990Nov26.123942.18576 at rockyd.rockefeller.edu> mark at rockvax.rockefeller.edu (Mark Kowitz) writes:
>>Greetings,
>>Has anyone ported UCB dump/restore to the Iris?  We have an
>>Iris Model 4D340S, running IRIX 3.3.
[ ... ]
>We (SGI) have! :-)
>
>Watch for it in the next major release.
>
>Bent

Ah, but will it have any enhancements to support dumps made with an active
filesystem?  I'm sure that almost everyone would like this feature
(where everyone=all system administrators:-).

E. John Benjamins                                      BITNET: JOHNB at MCMASTER
Computer and Information Services,     Internet: johnb at sscvax.cis.mcmaster.ca
ABB 131, McMaster University,
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada    "You can't chop down a symmetry" -- Jane Siberry