Sun-Spots Digest, v6n177

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Wed Aug 10 15:01:45 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST          Tuesday, 9 August 1988      Volume 6 : Issue 177

Today's Topics:
                      Re: the name server patch tape
                     Re:  Manual Binders for the Sun
                    Re: Microsoft windows on Sun 386i
                      Re: "Standard" disk controller
                     Re: screenblank on a color 3/60
                             SunOS 4.0 blues
                            Sun's Public Image
               Another fix for porting 4.3bsd timed to Suns
                        Sunspots: SunView problems
                  Problems with Fujitsu M244x tape drive
          Modem signals on tty-lines, ALM-2, and DECserver 200MC
                            flush on an icon?
              4.3 learn or equivalent vi tutorial on Sun/OS?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Thu, 4 Aug 88 08:37:05 MDT
From:    cpw%sneezy at lanl.gov (C. Philip Wood)
Subject: Re: the name server patch tape

It's better than nothing.  But, wait until your name server becomes
unavailable.  Then, try to boot your server or client.

Phil Wood,  cpw at lanl.gov

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 4 Aug 88 08:45:37 PDT
From:    texsun!sun!jhm at sun.com (you don't want to know)
Subject: Re:  Manual Binders for the Sun

>For manuals intended for public or personal use, one might consider
>purchasing what some call a "docu-box": metal posts similar to that found
>within individual binders, except without the plastic cover & with smaller
>rings.  These posts can be linked in series to contain an entire box of
>manuals in the space of a Sun 4/110 cpu.

This is what we use here internal to Sun. They are document binder racks,
and come in various sizes, They can be found at most stationary/office
supply stores, and are similar to what you see on the counters at the
local auto parts store. The sections come out of the rack easily, which is
handier than toting the entire thing to where you happen to need it at the
moment.

John Mc Cartney
Repair Center