Sun-Spots Digest, v6n24

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Wed Mar 2 09:19:40 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST          Tuesday, 1 March 1988        Volume 6 : Issue 24

Today's Topics:
                        Fig is now in the archives
                   Re: single-user boot: the final word
                            Re: make question
               Re: Disk Space Limitations For 3/260, 3/280
                     More info on 68881 (chip masks)
          Using the Interphase Cheetah with the Hitachi Gig Disk
                           Swap space problems
                      3.5 ifconfig on SUN 2 problem
               More than 2 ethernet boards in a fileserver?
                             Apollo vs. Sun?
                     Non FTP sources of PD software?
                      RSCS software for the SUN OS?
                         clearing a color screen?
                       sun-4 as a terminal server?
               Determining display type from a shell file?
                             Sun 4/280 power?
                    SunCore trashing Unix environment?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
Recent backissues are stored on "titan.rice.edu".  For volume X, issue Y,
"get sun-spots/vXnY".  They are also accessible through the archive
server:  mail the word "help" to "archive-server at rice.edu".

Date:    Tue,  1 Mar 88 17:00:15 CST
From:    William LeFebvre <phil at Rice.edu>
Subject: Fig is now in the archives

Okay.  I finally did it.  "Fig" is now in the sun-source archives,
packaged in eight shar files.  They are named "sun-source/fig.shar.0X"
(with the X taking on appropriate values) and range in size from 45172 to
46869 bytes.  Archive server users can get them with a request that looks
like "send sun-source fig.shar.0X", but remember that the server bundles
all your requests together.  So if you ask for all eight parts
simultaneously it will put all of them into one return mail message!  For
more information about the archive server, send a mail message containing
the word "help" to the address "archive-server at rice.edu".  Those with FTP
access can retrieve them from the host "titan.rice.edu".  This is not the
new version that was promised to me a few weeks back.  When that becomes
available, I will update the archive's copy.

William LeFebvre