the connector is the network (3

-David C. Kovar daedalus!corwin at talcott.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 7 14:44:50 AEST 1989

> I have the well-known problem of Sun 3/60's getting disconnected from the
> (thick) ethernet because of the lousy Sun connectors.  I'm sure there's
> someone who has solved this problem to their satisfaction.  What did you
> do?

We had a similar problem with the cables dropping off of the back of our
new 386is if you even looked at them. I called the Hotline for hardware
technical support and explained the problem. I received a very sturdy
eight inch cable that goes between your normal cable and the CPU. No more
cables have fallen off. The label on the cable is "530-1519-01 REV 1 495
8839".  It'd be even better if it was a gooseneck but it works fine as is.

-David C. Kovar
	Technical Consultant			ARPA: kovar at husc4.harvard.edu
	Office of Information Technology	BITNET: corwin at harvarda.bitnet
	Harvard University			MacNET: DKovar