Broadcast on SUN networking

Barry Shein bzs at bu-cs.bu.edu
Wed Apr 19 09:40:51 AEST 1989

>...Sun networking does not
>support broadcast and we are not suppose to change the operating system.
>Has anyone worked on this problem? Any ideas, suggestions and refrences
>are welcome. Thanks.

Sun certainly does support broadcasting, see the NIT interface, there was
a version of ProxyArp distributed a while back which could serve as a
model (I had distributed one earlier but the part you'd be interested is
in the proprietary source code, it was derived from Sun's rarpd server.)

--

	-Barry Shein, Software Tool & Die

There's nothing more terrifying to hardware vendors than
satisfied customers.