Question about LaserWriter+

George Pontis moldev!geo at uunet.uu.net
Wed Apr 26 18:12:31 AEST 1989

mcvax!aivru.sheffield.ac.uk!chris at uunet.uu.net (Chris Brown) writes:
>Kerry Duke in v7n191:
>
>> We just borrowed an Apple LaserWriter Plus from another group.  We'd
>> like to print out ASCII text with it but we don't have the transcript
>> software yet.  Is there a way I can do this ...
>
>On the standard laserwriter there's a four-way screwdriver-operated switch
>next to the input connector...

There's a nice little program called lwf ( laser-writer filter ) that was
posted to volume 5 of comp.sources.misc. It's about 23K compressed. This
is available on uunet as well as other places, I'm sure.

The idea is that you put lwf in an entry for /etc/printcap as a filter, et
voila. With this you can print anything in Courier-10pt on a LW+ or other
postscript printers.