Question about LaserWriter+

Chris Brown mcvax!aivru.sheffield.ac.uk!chris at uunet.uu.net
Wed Apr 5 11:28:47 AEST 1989

Kerry Duke in v7n191:

> We just borrowed an Apple LaserWriter Plus from another group.  We'd
> like to print out ASCII text with it but we don't have the transcript
> software yet.  Is there a way I can do this until the transcript software
> arrives?

On the standard laserwriter there's a four-way screwdriver-operated switch
next to the input connector. If memory serves me correctly, in the
position marked 'special' it emulates a Diablo 630 daisy wheel printer.

Chris Brown, A.I. Vision Research Unit, Sheffield University
(chris at aivru.sheffield.ac.uk)