Mapping keys in SunView (was: Re: Mapping function keys in VI)?

Alan Edwards rush%xanadu at lll-crg.llnl.gov.UUCP
Wed Apr 26 14:08:12 AEST 1989

In X-Sun-Spots-Digest: Volume 7, Issue 220, message 6 of 16
mcvax!cs.vu.nl!maart at uunet.uu.net (Maarten Litmaath) writes:

>versatc!todd at ames.arc.nasa.gov (Todd Scruggs) writes:
>\I am trying to map the function keys R1 - R15 to do macros in the VI
>\editor.

  [Maarten shows how to map charachters in vi with the 'map' command]

This is great.  I didn't realize that I could map the unused charachters
on the keyboard in vi until you pointed this out, now I am doing this a
lot.  Thanks Maarten.

But, it would be even more helpful if I could map unused keys (the L, F,
and R keys) in the SunView environment.  I figure that you should be able
to do this because SunView catches L5 and L7 and does special things with
them.  Does anyone know how to map these keys as macros in the SunView
windows environment?

Thanks, -Alan
 | Alan Edwards: rush at xanadu.llnl.gov |
 |   or: rush%xanadu at lll-crg.llnl.gov |