bold & inverse curses

Miles O'Neal stiatl!meo at gatech.edu
Tue Apr 4 19:25:24 AEST 1989

In article <8903032033.AA01156 at amadeus.mitre.org> fkuhl at amadeus.mitre.org (F. S. Kuhl) writes:
>... curses seems to support only a 'standout' mode that can
>be either bold or inverse, but it doesn't appear to have another mode.
>Are we missing something?  Is there a way to add a mode to curses?

The Berkeley curses does not (unless there's something new), but the
System V (R2 and on, at least) have been enhanced in several ways,
including multiple-terminal (simultaneously from a program) support and
enhanced attribute control. In the Sun manuals, see man page for curses
under the System V libraries, or, in the _Programming Utilities and
Libraries_ manual, chapter 13 (System V curses and terminfo), and checkout
the attron(), atroff(), and attrset() calls.

-Miles O'Neal (gatech!stiatl!meo)