Severe Eyestrain--SUN Workstation problem

Abdi Oday ugoday at cs.buffalo.edu
Mon Apr 24 10:43:03 AEST 1989

In article <8903211336.aa01045 at note.nsf.gov> mmorse at note.nsf.gov (Michael Morse) writes:

>> I'm looking for help / resources / references for a friend who has
>> developed severe eyestrain problems from working on a SUN workstation.
>
>--Mike

I agree, my solution is to reverse the screen.  Having a black background
with white writing is must more pleasant for the eye, than staring at
a white (light) background for an extended time.

I don't know what the best way to do this is, but I usually do it
while envoking sunview/suntools.  Here is how I do it.

    sun4:   % sunview -n -f 255 255 255 -b 0 0 0
    sun3:   % suntools -n -i

The above examples are for a color sun4 and a black/white sun3.
I am not sure about any other combinations.

Hope this helps

 -Abdi

Abdi Oday                       Phone:     (716) 636-3004
University at Buffalo           BITNET:    ugoday at sunybcs.BITNET
				Internet:  ugoday at cs.Buffalo.EDU
UUCP: ...!{ames,boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!ugoday