incorrect yp files-- anybody else

Jon A. Tankersley apctrc!cra2!zjat02 at uunet.uu.net
Wed Apr 26 02:13:42 AEST 1989

What you are describing is a feature of the ypinit scripts......  Sigh.
It seems that ypinit -s master doesn't do anything with master after
checking for it.  One would think a ypset master would be in order.  IFF
you have more than one slave server on the net, you may need to shut down
ypserv on ALL slaves to get it to work properly.  At least that is what I
have done to mine.  It is a real hassle though.  I am not positive (I
don't have source) what can happen if the slave is running ypserv still
and binds to itself.  Rm-ing files isn't absolute on UNIX with running
processes.  I'd kill the single slave copy off too.  Making the master
server should be no problem since it doesn't bind or push anything.

-tank-
#include <std/disclaimer.h>		/* nobody knows the trouble I .... */