pcnfsd and inetd (pcnfsd/rpc/udp: unknown service)

Henk Langeveld eurtrx!euraiv1!!henk at uunet.uu.net
Wed Apr 26 02:54:04 AEST 1989

anderson at cme.nbs.gov (William E. Anderson) writes:

>I am having trouble getting inetd under 4.0.1 to start up the pcnfsd
>daemon.  The entry in inetd.conf is:
>  pcnfsd/1        dgram   rpc/udp wait root /usr/etc/rpc.pcnfsd   rpc.pcnfsd
>The console output we get is:
> "inetd[152]: pcnfsd/rpc/udp: unknown service"

We're having the same problems with our PC-NFS setup.  We reported the
problem early february to our dealer (Sun-NL).  They say they cannot
reproduce the problem on their system, but neither can they fix ours.

So if anyone finds the answer, I would like to be informed as well.

>NAME:   William E. Anderson            TELE: (301) 975-2423

-Henk
--
Henk Langeveld ( Dept. EUR/EF/AIV; Erasmus University Rotterdam )     |
henk@{euraiv1,eurtrx}.uucp || +31 10 4081346			      |