sun 3/60 rebooting

Jerry N Sweet jns at meridian.com
Thu Apr 27 15:08:18 AEST 1989

The same thing happens to me on my color 3/60 workstation.  It is
incredibly annoying.  ANY sort of power glitch, low current, vacuum
cleaners being run on the same circuit, anything like that, aggravate the
problem.  I have not taken the time to press Sun on it, although I asked
one of their field engineers about it; he mumbled something about power
isolation.

I speculate that the problem is that Sun's power supplies on these 3/60
color workstations really can't hack offices with "bouncy" power.  If it's
true, the only cure would be an engineering upgrade from Sun (or whoever)
or expensive power conditioning.

Anyone else want to commiserate?  Better yet, do you have a low-cost
solution?