sun 3/60 rebooting

Operator gjb at mrsun.UUCP
Fri Apr 7 15:25:10 AEST 1989

Has anyone had this problem?  We have about 6 Sun 3/60 color systems that
for no reason reboot. It can happen at anytime, no one has to be even
touching the system. Once it happens the first time to the system it will
happen again. The only solution to the problem so far has been to
completely replace the base(includes power supply), and CPU board. This
has been done on everyone of our systems and now we are starting to do it
for the second time to some systems.  As you can imagine this problem is
very frustrating to the users of the users of the systems, especially if
they are in the middle of an edit. Sun service is also getting alittle
suspicious of us, as they say they have never seen this problem before.  I
thought for a while it was a static problem, but we have been controlling
that and it still seems to be happening. And why is it only the 3/60, as
we have many 3/50 and not one has died in this manner.  All the systems
are in an office environment and are not abused in any manner! I am at my
wits end to solve this problem; does anybody have any cure for the
rebooting sickness?

		Thanks