Adding third Sun shoebox to 3/60

Douglas R. East dre at umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU
Thu Apr 27 16:12:35 AEST 1989

I'm fairly new to a Sun environment and I need a little help configuring
the disk subsystems of a Sun 3/60.  In particular, I have the following
questions:

1.  Can more than two shoeboxes be placed on the SCSI port?  According to
the Mass Storage Systems manual, only two can be--a unit with the 1/4"
tape plus an add-on unit.  But this doesn't make a lot of sense to me,
after all, what is SCSI for?  I would like to place a third 70M shoebox
since I happen to have one laying around.

2.  If more than two can be on the bus, how do you set the target and unit
inside the shoebox.  I can't find anything in the documentation I have
that shows how to set up the jumpers.  The two shoeboxes currently on the
3/60 are targets 0 and 1, both units 0 (this corresponds to drives 0 and
8).  The extra shoebox is configured as target 1, unit 0 (drive 8).  I
would like to configure it as target 0, unit 1 (drive 1).

3.  If 2. is possible, does the last shoebox (presumably target 0, unit 0)
need to be terminated in any way?

I appreciate any help regarding this manner.

Thanks in advance,

Doug East
ARPA:	dre at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
Phone:	(612) 625-5856