Mac Versaterm (kermit) <-> ALM-1 ports under 4.0.1 ??

Eric Ho eho at word.princeton.edu
Wed Aug 9 05:35:55 AEST 1989

Under SunOS 4.0.1, has anyone tried to hook a Mac to one of the 16 ports
on an ALM-1 board on a Sun-4/280 and has successfully used Mac Versaterm
(or Kermit) to transfer files back and forth between the Suns and the Mac
?

I'll be interested in any parties that had any success with it.  I haven't
had any success so far -- the Sun is always 2 character behind and
sometimes the transfer broke midway (size of file ~ 30K) although I've no
problem whatsoever if I hook my Mac to the serial ports at the back of my
3/50 or 4/110.

Any pointers will be much appreciated

Eric Ho
Cognitive Science Lab.,		Princeton University
voice = 609-987-2819 (x2987)	email = eho at confidence.princeton.edu
					eho at bogey.princeton.edu
regards.

-eric-