Mailtool and cmdtool dumping core

Jon A. Tankersley apctrc!zjat02 at uunet.uu.net
Sun Aug 6 06:30:05 AEST 1989

This is a known bug, and a pernicious one, if it is what I think it is.
It appears to be a bug in the shared libraries somewhere with an font
pointer going off into lala land.  Sun is beginning to get a fix for it.
We only saw it on one system with 4/110 clients.  Wondered at first if it
were a 4/110 hardware problem.

One workaround that I heard but hadn't tried, re-install the /usr
partition.  I tried a dump/restore but that didn't fix it.

-tank-
#include <std/disclaimer.h>		/* nobody knows the trouble I .... */
tank at apctrc.trc.amoco.com    ..!uunet!apctrc!tank