cheap SCSI disks (info wanted)

Joseph T. Warden jtwarden at pawl.rpi.edu
Thu Aug 24 02:19:44 AEST 1989

In article <796 at brazos.Rice.edu> etnibsd!vsh at uunet.uu.net (Steve Harris) writes:

>We are planning to purchase a bunch of cheap, small SCSI disks to convert
>our diskless clients to dataless systems.  We are looking particularly at
>the disks sold into the PC and Mac market.
>
>So, to all you sun-spotters out there:  have you had any experience (good
>or bad) with cheapo SCSI disks?  If so, please send me email, addressing
>the following questions.  I will summarize, as well as report on our
>experiences in this experiment.
>
>Thanks in advance.

I would be interested in receiving copies of your responses as well. I
have suffered the second failure of the 141 MB drive (Micropolis) in a
3/50 shoebox in the past 12 months. Needless to say, I am not too happy
with Sun or Micropolis. I think two defective diskdrives in the space of
one year is unacceptable.

Joseph Warden
RPI

E-mail to jtwarden at pawl.rpi.edu