SUN Transcript

Robert Perlberg perl at step.UUCP
Wed Aug 16 02:22:18 AEST 1989

In article <311 at brazos.Rice.edu>, mannel at skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Bill Mannel) writes:
> My salesman told me that it does screen dumps.  Is this true? How fast (or
> slow)?

True.  It can do an 1152x900 screendump (from a sun-3/50) in portrait
format in 5 minutes at 9600 baud.  The basic formula is:

((sizeof(rasterfile)) * 2) / 960 = time in seconds

Landscape printing takes 55 minutes, but Sun is planning on fixing this.
Version 2.0 was able to do it in 5 minutes, so if you need to do landscape
printing you may elect to use version 2.0.

Robert Perlberg
Dean Witter Reynolds Inc., New York
phri!{dasys1 | philabs | mancol}!step!perl
	-- "I am not a language ... I am a free man!"