X Server for the Sun.

jne at goldhill.com jne at goldhill.com
Thu Aug 31 06:18:46 AEST 1989

Hi.  I'm looking for an X Server for Sun 3's and 386i's.
I would appreciate any suggestions for which one or ones to use.
Various tidbits:
  1) Time is of the essence.  I essentially have to make the decision
     yesterday, so "wait til R4" is not acceptable.
  2) MIT's (X11.R3) is pretty fast in monochrome, but color is awfully slow.
  3) OpenWindows is not yet released, and I don't know a firm release
     date for it.
  4) I'd love an ICCCM WM if possible, but that's not crucial.
  5) I'd love Sunview support if possible, but that's not crucial.
  6) I've heard of Aurora and Quest, but I don't have any reliability or
     performance bits on them.
  7) Free runtime is nice, but not critical.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff Eisen
Gold Hill Computers
617-621-3404