SunOS 4.0.1 and local mounted file-systems

Torsten Beyer tb at bilbo.irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Aug 18 20:05:51 AEST 1989

I have some problems with local-mounted filesystems ( lo mount-option).  I
want to install X-fonts for our NCD-16 X-Terminals on our
Sun-4/SunOS4.0.1Export. The NCD loads fonts using tftp. As we hav
installed (and want to keep) secure tftp, I HAVE to install the font tree
in /tftpboot. Unfortunately our / partition is too small to hold all
fonts. So I thought to mount /usr/lib/X11/ncd in /tftpboot. At a first
glance this seems to work ok. I can cd to /tftpboot/usr/lib/X11/ncd and
everything looks ok. But when I do a pwd in this directory i get /usr as
the answer. Strange uh ?  The second problem with that is that tftp tells
me it can't access the ncd-font directory. Although I think it should. I
guess this second problem is related to the first one. Anyone out there
who has had similar problems and knows an answer

Please answer by mail. If there is sufficient interest, I'll summarize
the answers

		Thanx in advance
				-Torsten

Torsten Beyer                               e-mail : tb at unido.uucp
University of Dortmund,IRB                           ..uunet!unido!tb
P.O.Box 500500	                            BITNET : tb at ddoinf6.bitnet
D-4600 Dortmund 50,  West Germany           voice  : +49 231 7552422