Replacement needed for bin/mail on Sun 386i

Stefan Mochnacki stefan at lynx.astro.utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 18 16:15:12 AEST 1989

Ref: v8n50

The binmail on the 386i (4.0.1) has built-in dependence on Yellow Pages.
The fix to get mail working on my de-YP'ed 386i was to get BSD 4.3 source
(actually it goes back to Version 7 ... so it can't be distributed ...)
and re-complie bin/mail. Only one trivial change needed. A Sun person
mailed me a note that the next release (4.0.2 ?) will have mail not depend
on YP.

I got several people recommending "mush" (which is really a user
interface, not a local delivery agent). Must be popular ...

BTW, mailtool still works usefully in my more "conventional" non-YP mode.

Stefan W. Mochnacki          INTERNET - stefan at lynx.astro.utoronto.ca
Astronomy, U. Toronto        UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios!stefan
+1 (416) 884-9562            BITNET - mochnacki at utorphys.bitnet